Types of Popular Fish
- Trevally also known as kikan or gilbt
- Queen Fish also known as saarm or aal
- Barracuda also known as kund
- Argyrops Spinifer also known as dand
- Black Bream also known as kala dandia
- Bream also known as dandia
- Silver Biddy also known as dum
- Black Pomfret also known as kala paplait
- Sardine also known as taarli or louver
- Catfish also known as khagga
- White Pomfret also known as as safeed paplait
- Dentex also known as daathi
- Croaker also known as mushki
- Tuna Fish also known as dawaan
- Tarwhine also known as kapartaan
- Emperor also known as mulla
- Flying Fish also known as thuwery
- Barramundi also known as dangry
- Wahoo also known as ghourr
- Grunter also known as dotharr
- King Fish also known as surmai
- Pompano also known as sonaaf
- Sailfish also known as gourri
- Cobia also known as sanghra
- Terapon also known as geengra
- Parrot Fish also known as tota or popat
- Sword Fish also known as goraa or chora
- Shad also known as pallah
- Sole also known as sole or hujaam
- Threadfin also known as ramus
- Eel Fish also known as saankh or baam
- Daimond Travelly also known as pitttl
- Ladyfish also known as bhambhor
- Indian Mackerel also known as bhaangra
- Grouper also known as ghisrr
- Spinycheek Grouper also known as daamba
- Arabian Sea Meagre also known as suaa
- Unicorn Leatherjacket Filefish also known as chappal
- Dolphin Fish also known as aabroos
- Concertina Fish also known as jalebi paplait
- Captain also known as dulha
- Red Snapper also known as heera
Places to visit if you love fish
I have a friend Assad from Oman who caretakes the world’s second-largest Fish aquarium. Jelly Fish cave Phuket is one hell of a place to visit. I know how authentic Sushi tastes like because I ate it at the best Sushi parlor in Tokoyo Japan. However, Folks be very very careful with your sushi!
Places where I like to eat fish:
- One of my neighbors is the owner of a “Sardar Dar ul Mahi” franchise of Fish in Askari XI. I like their “Rahu” and “Balm”.
- I love the “khadda fish” served in a foil paper in Garden Town.
- I love “Basheer” in the Moon market per se.
- I lived four years getting my bachelor’s degree near Tarbela dam. I like my steelhead trout fillets more.
- I love English Tea house for their battered prawns. Four big lumps for Rs. 1065 exclusive of tax.
- Similarly, low on budget, Gourmet’s fare equally well. They come 10 small pieces for under Rs. 900 including taxes.
- In early childhood, I have paid several visits to Head Marala. I found my love for Chainja Fish.
- In Sindh Pakistan, the mangrove forest help catches fresh trout in the flowing Indus water. That is why in Karachi you will find: Black Pomfret Fish at Culture Fish (Hassan Square), Fish at Yadgar Fish (Jamshaid Road) & Prawns: Rashid SeaFood (Kemari).
My experience of fishing
I have been to fishing several times with my father to Chakbeli Khan. I found love for Red Snapper fish. I have a junior who does a farm fishing business and exports cat fish fillet and mahi mahi fillets frozen. He can be contacted as he expanded starting from 5 acres farm into a 32 acres farm within a span of two seasons. Just to give you an idea of the scale of his success: He sends the fish to Gujranwala market as per market demand (2 metric tonnes per ride) from his Jaranwala farms each day.
Here are a few things that you need to consider buying if you are interested in Fishing:
- Fish hook remover tool
- Fish scales digital weight
- Fish monkey fishing gloves
- Fish hook hat clip
- Filet knifes for fish
- Minnow traps for bait fish
- Fish cleaning table with sink
- Fishing Lure Retriever
- LED flashlight fishing bait
- Portable Fishing Tackle Bag
- Scraping Scales Machine
- Explosive Hook Fish Net
- live plants for fish tank freshwater
- fish tank with filter and light
- fish tank pump and filter system
- fish tank 10 gallon starter kit
- fish tanks and aquariums 55 gallon
- flippity fish cat toy as seen on tv or flippity fish for cats as seen on tv
If you are new to these sports, I will urge to formulate a minimum budget:
We became the top predators long ago and our ancestors loved to eat their own kill. Killing is now an occupation like so many others. I have witnessed people fishing catfish fresh and sea bass fresh at Rawal lake. Not to mention, the hard work that goes into hunting. Come people, let’s sharpen our spears and knives and arrows. Remember like how to play go fish. Let’s go a-hunting! May your hunts find you what you need, and your gratitude for the bounty be accepted.