As of today, the price for cut chicken per Kilogram ranges from anywhere Rs. 515 to Rs. 600. Whereas, Fish is still at the rate of Rs. 400 per Kg. Fish is a good alternate for chicken as it falls in white meat category. If we had to personally kill the animals that we consume as food, we would likely not eat as much meat as we do in our current society. The meat industry has made it easy for us to detach ourselves from the fact that we are eating the flesh of a once-living creature, allowing us to treat it as just another commodity to be ordered at a restaurant or purchased at a store. This disregard for the life of the animal and the excess consumption of its meat is wasteful and harmful to both ourselves and the environment.
GUIDES [Things You Need To Know About Fishing]
If we were more connected to the process of obtaining the meat we eat, as our ancestors were, we might choose to eat a diet more in line with what is natural for humans. As a Pisces, you may enjoy eating fish, which is a source of omega-3 fatty acids that can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health. It’s worth noting that fish is a relatively quick-cooking protein and is easy to digest, with the stomach typically taking only 45 minutes to an hour to fully process it.
Types of Popular Fish
- Trevally also known as kikan or gilbt
- Queen Fish also known as saarm or aal
- Barracuda also known as kund
- Argyrops Spinifer also known as dand
- Black Bream also known as kala dandia
- Bream also known as dandia
- Silver Biddy also known as dum
- Black Pomfret also known as kala paplait
- Sardine also known as taarli or louver
- Catfish also known as khagga
- White Pomfret also known as as safeed paplait
- Dentex also known as daathi
- Croaker also known as mushki
- Tuna Fish also known as dawaan
- Tarwhine also known as kapartaan
- Emperor also known as mulla
- Flying Fish also known as thuwery
- Barramundi also known as dangry
- Wahoo also known as ghourr
- Grunter also known as dotharr
- King Fish also known as surmai
- Pompano also known as sonaaf
- Sailfish also known as gourri
- Cobia also known as sanghra
- Terapon also known as geengra
- Parrot Fish also known as tota or popat
- Sword Fish also known as goraa or chora
- Shad also known as pallah
- Sole also known as sole or hujaam
- Threadfin also known as ramus
- Eel Fish also known as saankh or baam
- Daimond Travelly also known as pitttl
- Ladyfish also known as bhambhor
- Indian Mackerel also known as bhaangra
- Grouper also known as ghisrr
- Spinycheek Grouper also known as daamba
- Arabian Sea Meagre also known as suaa
- Unicorn Leatherjacket Filefish also known as chappal
- Dolphin Fish also known as aabroos
- Concertina Fish also known as jalebi paplait
- Captain also known as dulha
- Red Snapper also known as heera
Places to visit if you love fish
I have a friend named Assad who works as a caretaker at the second-largest fish aquarium in the world, located in Oman. The largest one in Germany has recently exploded taking away its title. Now undisputedly, Oman’s is the largest. The Jellyfish Cave in Phuket is a really impressive place to visit. I’ve also had the opportunity to try authentic sushi at a top sushi restaurant in Tokyo, Japan. It’s worth noting that when it comes to sushi, it’s important to be cautious and make sure it is prepared and served safely.
Places where I like to eat fish:
- One of my neighbors is the owner of a “Sardar Dar ul Mahi” franchise of Fish in Askari XI. I like their “Rahu” and “Balm”.
- I love the “khadda fish” served in foil paper in Garden Town.
- I love “Basheer” in the Moon market per se.
- I lived for four years getting my bachelor’s degree near Tarbela dam. I like my steelhead trout fillets more.
- I love English Tea house for its battered prawns. Four big lumps for Rs. 1065 exclusive of tax. Recently, also enjoyed with same experience at J-Block, Defence Club.
- Similarly, low on budget, Gourmet’s fare equally well. They come 10 small pieces for under Rs. 900 including taxes.
- In early childhood, I paid several visits to Head Marala. I found my love for Chainja Fish.
- In Sindh Pakistan, the mangrove forest help catches fresh trout in the flowing Indus water. That is why in Karachi you will find: Black Pomfret Fish at Culture Fish (Hassan Square), Fish at Yadgar Fish (Jamshaid Road) & Prawns: Rashid SeaFood (Kemari).
My experience of fishing
I have fond memories of going fishing with my father at Chakbeli Khan, where I developed a love for red snapper fish. I have a junior family member who runs a farm-based fishing business and exports frozen catfish fillets and mahi mahi fillets. He has been extremely successful, expanding his farm from 5 acres to 32 acres in just two seasons. To give you an idea of the scale of his operation, he sends 2 metric tons of fish to the Gujranwala market every day from his Jaranwala farms, according to market demand.
Here are a few things that you need to consider buying if you are interested in Fishing:
- Fish hook remover tool
- Fish scales digital weight
- Fish monkey fishing gloves
- Fish hook hat clip
- Filet knives for fish
- Minnow traps for bait fish
- Fish cleaning table with sink
- Fishing Lure Retriever
- LED flashlight fishing bait
- Portable Fishing Tackle Bag
- Scraping Scales Machine
- Explosive Hook Fish Net
Here are a few things that you want to set up your aquarium if you are interested in keeping Fish as pets:
- live plants for fish tank freshwater
- fish tank with filter and light
- fish tank pump and filter system
- fish tank 10 gallon starter kit
- fish tanks and aquariums 55 gallon
- flippity fish cat toy as seen on tv or flippity fish for cats as seen on tv
If you are new to these sports, I will urge you to formulate a minimum budget:
- 2 Gallon Fishtank (used like new) $20
- 2 Food for Betta Fish one open and one sealed $6 for both of them.
- Sealed Betta fix $9 as MRP
- Water conditioner (30% used) $5
- Motor Pump $15
- Heater $15
- Gravels (Purple & Black) $5
We became the top predators long ago and our ancestors loved to eat their own kill. Killing is now an occupation like so many others. I have witnessed people fishing catfish fresh and sea bass fresh at Rawal lake. Not to mention, the hard work that goes into hunting. Come people, let’s sharpen our spears and knives and arrows. Remember like how to play go fish. Let’s go a-hunting! May your hunts find you what you need, and your gratitude for the bounty be accepted.
In the end, I leave you with a question: what is the national fish of Pakistan? right answers in the comment box.